Sunday, July 03, 2005

Captain and the Kid

Jimmy Buffett The Captain and the Kid Written by - Jimmy Buffett From - Down To Earth I never used to miss the chance to climb up on his knee And listen to the many tales of life upon the sea We'd go sailing back on Barkentines we'd talk of things he did Tomorrow just a day away for the Captain and the kid His world had gone from sailing ships to raking mom's backyard He never could adjust to land although he tried so hard We both were growing older then and wiser with the years That's when I came to understand the course his heart still steers He died about a month ago while winter filled the air And though I cried I was so proud to love a man so rare He's somewhere on the ocean now that's where he oughta be With one hand on the starboard rail he's wavin' back at me I never used to miss the chance to climb up on his knee And listen to the many tales of life upon the sea We'd go sailing back on Barkentines we'd talk of things he did Tomorrow just a day away for the Captain and the kid - Jimmy Buffett

No comments: