Saturday, June 11, 2005

Two fishermen rescued from overturned boat

June 11, 2005 Two fishermen rescued from overturned boat FLORIDA TODAY Dr. Roger Montz, a Melbourne Beach dentist who was reported missing during a boating trip from the Bahamas on Friday, was rescued Saturday and brought to Port Canaveral by helicopter. Montz, 35, and Rob Perdigan, 35, were found clinging to the overturned hull of the 34-foot outboard-powered fishing boat at around 4:15 p.m., according to the U.S. Coast Guard after an 18-hour search. Montz and Perdigan were crossing to Fort Pierce from White Sand Ridge, Bahamas, with another boat after a 10-day fishing trip. Art Mowrey of Gainesville, captain of the second boat, reported the Extractor missing when he arrived in Fort Pierce and couldn't find Montz and Perdigan. The Coast Guard began a search of the area between Fort Pierce and the Bahamas with an HH-65 Dolphin helicopter, an HH-60 Jayhawk helicopter, an HU-25 Falcon jet, and a C-130 aircraft, as well as the Coast Guard Cutters Shrike and Marlin. One of the aircraft, using information from an electronic beacon deployed from the Extractor, spotted an overturned boat around 38 miles offshore Brevard County and called for helicopter assistance. Seas in the area were reported to be around six feet on Saturday afternoon. They were hoisted by helicopter soon after, and were taken to Coast Guard Station Port Canaveral for transfer to a Brevard hospital.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Very interesting blog. Promise to visit as often as possible.
If You really are interested in this subject I suggest You go and visit jet ski water
Here You will find an almost complete directory of jet ski water

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I also have a site about redneck waterskiing video
. You can check it out at redneck waterskiing video
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

hsbc offshore said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on offshore hedge funds.

water ski camp said...

Dwayne Clark, I was searching the web for water skiing photos and came across Two fishermen rescued from overturned boat (this post). It wasn't exactly what i was looking for but nonetheless, it is quite interesting.

I also have a cool site about water skiing photos, and you can check it out here: water skiing photos.

Oh, almost forgot. I found a cool site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Perhaps you or your other visitors may be interested. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

Im going to bookmark this blog and hope to see more great posts like this one.

hsbc offshore said...

Dwayne Clark, interesting post - Two fishermen rescued from overturned boat.

Personally, I've always found to be very intriguing, and interesting, but not always very informative. So I did some research and started my own webpage to help people get started with .

If also piques your interest, come by when you've got a few seconds - check out the different resources listed. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting.

edison chouest offshore said...

Nice blog :)......Interesting post on Two fishermen rescued from overturned boat. Personally, I've always been fascintated with w t offshore, so I created a website not long ago called just that - w t offshore.

It'd be great if you were to drop by for a few seconds - have a look around, check out a few of the informative links I've got there.

offshore hedge funds said...

Dwayne Clark, interesting post - Two fishermen rescued from overturned boat.

Personally, I've always found edison chouest offshore to be very intriguing, and interesting, but not always very informative. So I did some research and started my own webpage to help people get started with edison chouest offshore.

If edison chouest offshore also piques your interest, come by when you've got a few seconds - check out the different resources listed. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting.

offshore platform foundation said...

You must have spent a lot of time putting together your blog. You must be proud of it.

I am planning to start a blog soon - to go with my website on offshore company incorporation.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting their own blog?

If you do, do you think you could post a quick message on your blog here so all of us could benefit from your wisdom?

Thanks

offshore company incorporation said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on .

offshore platform foundation said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on hsbc offshore.